Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It's Good Again!

Latest: US consumer sentiment down more than expected

Just arrived back to my trading desk after a full-day meeting. And the story right now:

The dollar slipped back after a raft of disappointing US economic data raised questions about how many more interest rate hikes the US Federal Reserve will deliver in the coming months.

[Continue reading the story]

The news has consequently put my sterling position (which I have commented yesterday) into a massive 139 points profit. Profit booked and hence I am in relief that I got both the fundamentals and technical right by foreseeing a stronger pound (although it's the dollar than weakens) and observing a breakout on the daily chart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you blog, LLoyd. I read it every day. it's really grat for us new traders to hear comments on the market from bigger boys.
myself, i've entered long GBP/USD yesterday and got plenty of pips too. have a great day and keep posting!