Saturday, October 14, 2006

2nd Week of October +136 pips

The week has passed very quickly. I am again sitting at my morning coffee table reviewing my trading performance for the week. The overall results actually fair better than I initially thought. Although I mostly consider myself as a daytrader, I don't have the habit to review my results on the daily basis. Basically, I will just move on to the next setup or position after exiting from a previous trade. And this lasts for exactly five days (Mon-Fri). FYI, I don't have fixed trading hours - mostly I don't like to open new trades after 7 pm (UK time), sometimes I hold my positions overnight, and I usually begin my trading for the week only after 12 pm, Monday.


Back to the results: 7 trades (6 winners, 1 loser, net +136 pips).

Biggest winner: 50 pips; Biggest loser: -11 pips; Biggest drawdown: ~60

Two mistakes for the week:
1. Become too conservative: I chose to skip many good trading opportunities on Friday.
2. Exit too soon: I closed my USD/CAD position for merely +3 pips (due to a big drawdown earlier). The position actually went my way, and I could gain another 50 - 60 pips only if I chose to hold for another 5 mins.

No comments: