Friday, November 10, 2006

2nd Week of November +161 pips

Overall, this is an odd and tough trading week. There were a lot of "big" fundamental developments such as the US election, the better than expected US trade deficit, as well as the rumor of China's reserves diversification. I had a big drawdown immediately after the Thursday's trade deficit report and had to admit I was lucky to be able to hold it off for some tiny profits.

On the technical side, I could not trade in the beginning of the week (Mon & Tue) since I was busy moving house and waiting for my broadband connection. I needed my technical charts. I was able to back online on Wed but there was a glitch with the "real-time" streaming quote in the Metatrader platform. The price quote I saw was actually the delayed price. Despite all these, I still managed to put on a few trades:

Wednesday:
Exit short USD/CAD at 1.1273 for +40 pips
Exit long GBP/USD at 1.9049 for +23 pips
Exit short USD/CHF at 1.2508 for -10 pips

Thursday:
Exit short USD/JPY at 118.27 for +28 pips (a revenge trade, exit too soon!)
Exit short USD/CHF at 1.2464 for +13 pips (big drawdown, exit too soon! )
Exit long GBP/USD at 1.9024 for breakeven (big drawdown, damn, exit too soon!)

Friday:
Exit short USD/JPY at 117.58 for +34 pips (big drawdown on Thursday)
Exit long GBP/USD at 1.9097 for +16 pips (big drawdown on Thursday, damn, miss the unbelievable, enormous upward move which hit as high as 1.9177)
Exit short USD/CAD at 1.1273 for +20 pips
Exit short USD/CAD at 1.1278 for -3 pips

Total for the week: +161 pips.

Hope you had a successful trading week!

No comments: