Saturday, November 24, 2007

Forex Killer Review: The Updated Forex Killer Signal Software

Here is my second forex killer review after the recent software update to version 2.14:

About two weeks ago, the developer released a new version of the forex killer signal software. I believe he wanted to improve its original signal algorithm to even better after seeing some tremendous sales within the first month of its launch. I totally agree with the improved functionalities to simplify the data input process, but somehow I become unfamiliar with its updated signal algorithm as I am not able to justify/understand its signal-generation process.

H1 Breakout System
I like forex killer signal software at first sight because its original entry system or algorithm is quite similar to my own forex system. Its algorithm basically strikes a cord with my forex trading approach, i.e. finding a breakout + trend following + using H1 chart. This system is very useful and has been a success to me in the past.

Testing of New Signal Algorithm
Knowing the system's great potential and since the forex killer algorithm (which based upon this approach) is easily available in the public domain, I have started running another blog to recommend this trading approach to anyone who is interested and willing to invest in the forex trading. At present, the new signal algorithm appears to be different from the original one. Therefore, I am no longer sure what the current trade entries are based upon, but I know them well previously (e.g. here, here and here).

Two Instead of One?
To be fair, I have already applied the new algorithm in my trial and so far the results are mixed (see here, here and here). And to the developer's credit, I can understand why he wanted to improve the signal software and also believe in his reasonings for the update. But please bear in mind that no system will ever satisfy every end of the market conditions. Therefore, I shall find out in the next few days on how to best use the 'two' forex killer software. And btw, I still prefer the old signal algorithm due to its simplicity and effectiveness.

(If the first software version is not included in your recent purchase, simply send me an email to let me know.)

Related posts:
Q & A with Andreas Kirchberger
A Simple Forex Killer Day Trading Strategy
How to Cope with Price Volatility and News Event

5 comments:

atombeh said...

Hi Lloyd,

I bought fx killer 3 wks ago and try to test every time frame but non of them seem to do so well can you advise which time frame is best. Thanks
Beh

atombeh said...

Hi Lloyd,

May I know what is the meaning of lower and higer timeframe means?

Thanks
Beh

Lloyd said...

Beh,
I think lower timeframe applies to 1-min, 5-min and 15-min charts. The higher time frame is for H1, H4, daily etc.

Recently, I have done some work to improve the forex killer position entering process. Hope this may be useful to you as a reference. Its results can be found in my trading blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lloyd

Is the signal algorithm public knowledge. If so, what is the formula?

I would like to incorporate forex killer indicators into my current trading platform.

Regards,
Louis

Lloyd said...

Louis,

The first forex killer version uses average and RSI algorithms. And the latest version adopts an unknown neuro system algorithm.

LLoyd