Thursday, September 11, 2008

Making Pips from News Trading (6) - US Trade Balance

It was a quiet week on the economic front. Still, I thought I should give an update here:

The Newstrader EA program had just executed its third news trade for the week in today's US Trade Balance event. My official closed profits were +10 & 11 pips, thus making the system a 100% winning record for the week, and 78% winning rate for the month so far. The total accumulated pips for the month so far stand at +230.

Meanwhile, I received another chart from Ordilei which showed my news trading program's entries and exits on the interbankFX platform for today's event. His final results were at +18 & 21 pips, slightly better than I expected.

Short GBP/USD at 1.7520 - News event: US Trade Balance; Results: +21 & 18 pips; Execution server: Interbank FX

2 comments:

Paul said...

Nice blog Lloyd. Ill check it more often, usually i dont read blogs but yours is interesting.
Here is mine http://cpmtrader.blogspot.com

Lloyd said...

Just saw your new blog. Eur/usd appears to be your main 'play'. Hope you recover well in future despite the pullback.