Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Finding the Bottleneck

September was a difficult and testing month for my swing strategy as I could finally determine where the system's bottlenecks are going to be. As my system is not fully mechanical yet, I have to constantly study charts, understand the fundamentals and technicals and do a lot of analytical work by hand. It is always exciting when you know there is still room for improvement in the system.

One thing I realised is that it is usually best to leave the system uninterrupted no matter the drawdown because I was usually wrong most of the time after I have intervened to take profits or stop a loss.

And, it is also about time for a change in the signal trading hours to better implement the swing approach. Hope it all works out and better results in months ahead.

1 comment:

Magpie said...

Hey Lloyd, just having my weekly look at fellow bloogers, looks like your getting as much spam as me - not had hair removal yet though ;o)
'mia' seems to have a blog about everything, all very nicely copied off the web and surrounded by google ads?! odd that....
Good luck with your swing trading systems, system 1 seems to be going pretty well! Don't know if you've come across Mark Fisher's ACD system yet, but I've been getting good results entering from day trade strategies, but staying with the trend using the 3 day pivot Hi/low range as a barrier and stop area -might be something to have a look at or then again may take you off track?

cheers

Tim