Monday, November 13, 2006

Commitment

I find myself in situation where I am too emotionally attached to the running P/L of my trades. And it is very stressful especially when the price goes against you as soon as you enter your trade. But, I always hold on to it. When I have my positions running overnight, I still have to check on them during my sleep hours to make sure they are doing ok. Sometimes, I even alter the stop so that they will not get stopped out and hence taking more risks in the process.

Yesterday night, I had the exact same encounter. The price action went against my two long USD positions (USD/JPY and USD/CHF) as soon as the market reopened. I was worried all night long with the running losses. As a result, I dragged myself out of bed to check on their technical charts in 4 am early morning. By doing just that, I was lucky to locate a good short opportunity on GBP/USD.

I am now recording a good positive start for the week.

No comments: