Saturday, December 8, 2007

EA Back on Track ? (1)

My expert advisor trading has produced some positive results for the past two trading days (at day 13 and 14). And finally, it shows some real signs of recovery from its lacklustre performance since the start of the system.

Attempt to Score Big Winners
4 closed trades today and only 4 minor winners, totalling 62 pips. I have decided not to intervene the system by booking early profits myself. Plus today is US non-farm payroll day. I really wanted to see how my system performed under extreme market conditions. However, all my positions failed to reach their set price targets. They all at one point reached more than 40 pips but eventually stopped out at 10-20 pips on the plus side as the new trailing stop algorithm played its part. There are two new open positions to be carried over to next week. Currently, with a running profit of 80 pips from the two positions and at least 30 pips are guaranteed.

At present, I am still pondering over the system profit-taking strategy. Which is more reasonable in the long run, 1R or 2R profits? And should I intervene to take profits at time?

No comments: