Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Trading Review 12-04-2007

It was a great trading day. In fact, it was the biggest one-day gain for both my H1 swing strategy and expert advisor trading since the start. 8 trades and 8 winners. I am pretty sure this is the first time I experienced such a long winning streak. Hope it continues.

H1 Swing Trading +146 pips
2 European session trade entries and 1 news trade. The results could still be better, but I exited too soon on all three.

EA Expert Advisor Trading + 195 pips
On a sour note, my EA was running into more trouble yesterday when it lost another 182 pips on 5 trade entries. Since the start, I noticed that my EA was particularly good at entering trades but quite often failed to hold on to its sizeable gains. At time, I wanted to intervene but I refused. It took me some time to realise that my trailing stop strategy was not an effective one. Since my EA fund is in 'critical' status, I decided on a drastic measure today to intervene the system by taking profits on its behalf when I saw fit. Better late than sorry and it worked well today.

No comments: