Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bogie EA Performance Warning

William Boatright just sent me an e-mail saying that his EA is not performing well in current global market conditions. According to him:
We have had 4 loses since from January 1. The EA has never had this many loses this close together. Also my personal retirement account (IRA) has lost 14% of equity since January 1.

The EURUSD price movements is being heavily influenced by global securities markets. 2 to 7 % securities swings in single day is making it difficult for EA to detect sustainable daily price movement. The past success of this EA has been that daily trends detected at StartTime would continue long enough to close with profit. The last few weeks, the EURUSD price has erratically moved up and down several times per day.

It is quite evident to me, that until the global securities market stabilizes, this EA could continue to make loses. I can only suggest that until this market stabilizes, you should only run Demo or very low risk on Live accounts. Then when market stabilizes and win/loss ratio improves, then go Live or adjust your Live Risk Level to your preferred setting.

I was just about to join him after setting up a separate EA trading account. I think I’ll monitor the situation further and will do a little bit of investigation myself about the right market conditions which are favourable for running Bogie.

Latest update (11 Feb, 08): Official Release of Bogie-NeuralNetwork-1

No comments: