Thursday, February 7, 2008

Time is Right to Invest in Myself (Again)

After many failed attempts to make real money from trading, I have decided it is time again to invest in my new discretionary system. I really hope it can take myself to the next level to become a consistent profitable forex trader.

What prompt me to make such a decision is that the system has been very profitable, even in today's market conditions when the European central bankers took center stage. Let's examine its track record so far:

Today +426 pips
USD/JPY +157 pips
USD/CAD +112 pips
USD/CHF +106 pips
AUS/USD +51 pips
(Trade breakdown as below)


Thus making,
Jan' 08 +998 pips
Feb' 08 +267 pips so far

This new system of mine is quite aggressive in nature, as I will open 2 positions per signal. I also monitor and trade 5 major currency pairs simultaneously, hence up to a maximum of 10 positions can be opened at one time.

1st profit target - 50 pips, 2nd profit target - 100 pips. I will use a mental stop-loss level of 100-pip away from the original entry.

I think I will begin trading with my live fxcm-zulutrade mini account first before gaining confidence with the system.

No comments: