Sunday, March 2, 2008

Blog Income and Trading Report - February 2008

It's a new month and that means it's time for the second blog income report for the year 2008. Back in October 2007, I decided to run a little experiment and wanted to see if money can be made from blogging. Before that time, ScoutForex dot Com was simply a personal trading blog that didn’t make any money from blogging.

Last month, the blog made $1,019.99. Not only it was a new income record, it was also the first time the blog broke $1K. Being the shortest month of the year, February normally results in less income than January. However, I managed to break another new record again !

Below is the income breakdown in the context of my own/referred trading program & services and the general blog monetization options.

Total Blog Income for February 2008: $3,113.49

Blog traffic for February was increased to 16,797 page views from 6,138 unique visitors, according to statcounter. If you take the blog income and divide it by the blog page views, you will get a site wide eCPM of $185.36. What this means is for every 1000 page views, ScoutForex dot Com makes $185.36 or 18.54 cents per view. (Using this calculation, I beat John Chow by 58% with this month eCPM figure ?! Judge it yourself HERE, lol ..)

The key which drives an increased traffic to my forex trading sites is writing personal trading experience and reviews based on my own trading knowledge and passion. Please also note that I only recommend trading products/services which can bring BENEFITS to my readers, including myself. Hence, I like to stress the keys to an increase in the blog revenue are always: VALUE, VALUE and VALUE, plus DIVERSIFY, DIVERSIFY, and DIVERSIFY (some examples given).

For your information, I have already achieved my year-end blog monetisation goal of 2008 in just a span of two months. No doubt that SETTING CLEAR GOALS helps a lot ! I have to revise my goal this month if there isn't any problem of maintaining the site revenue.

On the other note, my first goal of 2008 - chasing a monthly trading profit of $5000 - is currently lacking behind. My main focus for the rest of the year will be achieving THIS GOAL. Personally, I don't think I am too far away as I have already revised/refined all my trading strategies, i.e. day trading, automated trading, discretionary trading using the first two months of 2008. I will keep updating this blog as usual with useful trading contents and tips.

No comments: