Friday, May 23, 2008

Manual Trading and Goal Recap

Back in Dec 26, 2007, I wrote:
Below you will find my 10 goals for 2008 which are to be achieved by the end of the year.

1. Generate $5000 in monthly trading profits
...


Above you will find the number of pips I collected in this month (May 08) so far. I am one more step closer in achieving the main goal of 2008.

My expert advisor trading was forced to put on hold in February. I knew that my system was not quite ready at that time.

But since then, I have been actively involved in developing a new forex day trading approach, setting up my own day trading group as well as logging and analysing all of the executed forex trades consistently. I share all of my trading insights and results here.

As this half way stage, I feel confidence about my method. Lately, I also allow myself to be more flexible with my manual trading execution.

Rather than chasing big wins on every single trade, I try to breakdown the original trade ideas into several positions with smaller targets.

Rather than hopping from one market to another in search for the next trading opportunity, I try to hang on with the original trade ideas a little longer than usual. I'm not afraid to reenter more positions when I see the price is right.

Note that all of my forex trade ideas and their entries/exits come directly from my daily "automated" trading routine. I wrote about this before.

This is my first 2008 goals recap post. There will be more related posts in very near future to make sure I have a fulfilling year by achieving all my goals before year-end hopefully.

No comments: