Friday, September 26, 2008

Missed 100-pip Opportunities that I Did Not Miss

A look back at today's trading action. I had been following 5-6 markets in the Europe Session. I ran my 100-pip ea program as usual but it didn't get a chance to even enter one position, due to the "out-of-tune" market conditions seen in the Europe Session.

This kind of price action was rare and fascinating as I could clearly see the market prices were in the oversold/overbought region. This simply meant that we could potentially have some high probability winning setups if the conditions lined up "in-tune" in the later US Session.

I normally moved on from one market to another. There were two remaining setups that could be exploited for the US session: AUD/USD and AUD/JPY. (I had no other markets to follow at that time).

As the price rebounded after the start of the US trading session, the 100-pip system had no trouble spotting the entries and performing its routine this time. I was proved right and I got some really good pay-off. I'll be doing the same thing next time.

Here are the charts:-

Long AUD/JPY @ + 40 & 89 pips

Long AUD/USD @ +40 & 2 pips

No comments: