Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Increase My Trading Arsenal Using the Newstrader EA Program

Normally, I only run my Newstrader EA program for the purpose of news trading:
There are hundreds of economic news releases every month in the forex market. Many of the major announcements are capable of moving the underlying currency pairs by 30 to 100 pips immediately after the news releases. In other cases, market also tends to move ahead of the news.
Today, I did something differently. I applied the program (i.e. set and forget operation) to automatically search for other possible trading opportunities during today's "active" London session. It managed to execute some good trades in both the EUR/USD and GBP/USD markets.

In fact, the program had captured the early part of today's 300-pip surge of the two European currencies against the US dollar. News: The US Dollar fell most versus Euro since 1999 debut.



The ea trading program came with stringent stop loss and exit strategies, thus I was pleased with today's outcome.

2 comments:

tahoemnts said...

What were you settings when you used the NewstraderEA for this scenario?

Lloyd said...

The setting actually varies on the day, e.g. I can preset my trade entry conditions, choose to be aggresive or conservative by altering my strategies.