Friday, November 7, 2008

A Rough Week for News Trading

I was running into some bad trades with the news trading program. The EA was well beaten by two different news events controlled by the European central bankers, i.e. MPC interest rate-cut announcement and ECB press conference on Thursday. Actually, I was not that surprised by the trading outcomes considering the price volatility seen in the forex markets at present.

I'm still confident with the newstrader system which so far enjoys a high success win-rate trading the GBP & USD events. But I was having doubt dealing with the USD/CAD market. Anyway, I am going to improve the program trigger in order to be more aggressive with the entry level in the CAD market with faster trade execution. I've already run some backtests and liked what I see. I'm not afraid to make changes when necessary.
Monday
GBP +28 pips full size

Tuesday
No trade

Wednesday
AUD -35 pips, GBP -35 pips

Thursday
AUD + 19.5 pips,
GBP +23.5 pips
GBP -35 pips (MPC 1.5% Rate Cut)
EUR -35 pips (ECB Press Conference)
CAD -16.5 pips

Friday
CAD -35 pips
GBP +3 pips (US Non-farm Payrolls Job report)

No comments: