Tuesday, May 15, 2007

European Session 15-05-07

Headlines: Pound Falls as Report Shows Inflation Slows From Decade High

I picked up two trades immediately in the early hour of this session (i.e. long GBP/USD at 1.9803 and long EUR.JPY at 162.79) and unfortunately had to give back an unbooked 10-pip profit on the GBP position. My intention was to hold thru the CPI news event, hoping to cash in more on fast price movement if the news was on my side. However, this wasn't the case as I was already stopped out before the news event. No matter what, I liked the high reward/risk ratio of this position.

For the other position EUR/JPY, my patience has paid off. I entered based on the the support found in using MM levels at M2 Pivot and eventually stopped out for +30 pips near to M6 Pivot.

Long GBP/USD (Stopped out for breakeven)











EUR/JPY (trailed stop until +30 pips)











Session rating:(value:+1); Accumulated so far: 1 star

No comments: