Tuesday, May 15, 2007

US Session 15-05-07 (CPI Report)

FOREX-Dollar drops vs euro after US CPI, flows data
Dollar Falls Versus Euro on Less-Than-Forecast Inflation Rate

Price action went choppy after the release of US CPI report. As a result, my short USD/JPY made a 11-pip loss. Then, I changed my direction, my winning short GBP/USD swung from +15 pips into breakeven. On hindsight, I should have booked any profit quickly after facing with a losing position.

I regrouped in the second-half of the trading session. I shorted both USD/CHF and USD/JPY at 1.2190 and 1.2045. They were losing positions at first with over 10 pips loss each. Then, the big move came, what a relief....

Short USD/JPY (-11 pips)
Reshort USD/JPY (exit half for +24 pips, still holding half)












Short GBP/USD (from +15 to breakeven, wrong timing again, same result as in this morning session)












USD/CHF (Only exit for +26 pips) - I got over-excited and left many pips on the table. Ouch!











Session rating:(value:+1); Accumulated so far: 2 stars

No comments: