Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Morning Session (It's All About Timing)

This time, my timing was way off. I know there will be an important release (BOE MPC minutes) at 9.30 am. I pulled my short trigger way to soon (just before 8 am) at 1.9558 and had to suffer an unnecessary drawdown (~35 pips). Eventually I had to settled for a 4 pip loss due to mental exhaustion and fear. This type of play/setup, which I should have avoided in the first place on hindsight, was way too risky and not worthwhile. Next time around, I MUST wait and see (with eagle eyes) till the last 15 - 20 minutes before the news is due. By doing just that, I will have a better chance to survive.

My selection of trades was also wrong. I got a nice long USD/JPY setup but I didn't take it. I should stick to the low volatility play instead the one that swings wildly just like the GBP/USD beast.

I will probably take a few hours off to clear my mind.

No comments: