Sunday, December 30, 2007

There Must Be a Better Trading System Out There

Since the start of this blog, I was determined to find a better and consistent way to trade the forex market. After developing my own expert advisor (EA) system about two months ago and trading it live with a real money account, I was able to learn so much about the automated trading than never before. I absolutely love the idea of mechanical system that takes the stress out of trading, automates everything, and makes gains for you. At present, I still prefer trading this new way.

The Potential of Automated Systems
Just recently, there was so much buzz created over the success of EA automated trading championships 2007. We have seen many excellent performances from the EA developers and I really admire their innovative works and talents, such as the "Better" system by Olexandr Topchylo, the "Wackena" system by William Boatright and many more. If possible, I would like to learn from such systems in order to further myself with more knowledge in this field, as I know that my EA is definitely not quite up to the mark yet.

As mentioned by CK, a keen EA user, understanding how an EA works is key for anyone who intends to auto-trade with it. It's important to know the strengths and weaknesses of the EA. The investor should know when to let the system ride out the storm on a losing trade, and also when to manually intervene to cut the losses short. I couldn't agree more with him and also believe that the best way to find out about the potential of a EA system is thru own testing experience.

Finding Cash-Cow Systems
As one of my goals of 2008, I am going to present myself with a new task of finding profitable expert advisor trading systems which are capable of producing good returns for myself and my readers. Most importantly, it is my intention to compare my own EA performance with other systems out there, as part of my preparation for the automated championship in October 2008. Hence, I am going to be open and will be performing live tests on publicly available EAs which I could get my hand on at present as well as in the future.

Hopefully through this new challenge, we can truly uncover the real gems of the EA trading systems or perhaps the real money generators?

5 comments:

CK said...

hi bro,
glad to hear that you are preparing for the ATC 2008 :) i think the 2007 run reveals a lot of the ideas behind those better performing ones.
all the best bro.
- ck

Lloyd said...

hey ck, what sort of ideas that interest you? Care to elaborate more on the subject? btw, happy new year!

CK said...

hi Lloyd,

i like what i read about NN... which i think has already stired up quite a lot of interest amongst EA developers since the start of the ATC2007.

i also like they way some of the EAs uses dynamic stops instead of fixed initial stops and traditional trailing stops. Wackena's EA is such an EA that looks at the ATR of the pair to dynamically alter it's exit points.

i feel the occurrence of this kind of "intelligence" in EAs is paving the way to better and more profitable EAs in the future.

your thoughts?

- ck

Lloyd said...

Well said, CK. I will gather my thought first and do a posting later.

forexblogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.