Friday, January 18, 2008

My Daily Trading Routine

Balancing full time work and 'part-time' trading (and also blogging) is never easy. Especially when comes to dealing with the Forex market, you are also expecting full-on, non-stop price actions around the clock 24/5.

In fact, I could never manage all trading tasks by myself, and quite often, have to rely on my missus's assistance. Here's my daily trading routine at the moment:

Daily Trading Routine
A couple of explanations. As for the swing trading, this day trading method needs very little time for maintenance. I simply monitor and exit open positions at predefined stop and limit levels. And I manage to execute the trading plan with discipline. At present, I also spend most of my time watching other expert advisor systems in action and researching new trade ideas.

My own running ea system has been very active so far and it does help me to predict better the market movement. Although the trading account is not progressing much, but its trade entries and end results are quite useful for identifying important price retracement levels and generating hidden 'secondary-level' signals for my discretionary trades. I wrote more about that here.

As for the discretionary trades, I am getting involved again in the last few days. I wish to sharpen my trading skills continuously and apply what I have learned so far in this new year. I also challenge myself by opening and handling multiple positions at one time.

Overall, this daily routine serves to instill purpose in trading and ensures that I'm moving towards my goals.

What's your daily trading routine?

No comments: