Thursday, October 9, 2008

Back to 100-pip Winning Way After Coordinated Rate Cuts by Central Bankers

I had not experienced anything like yesterday before. Markets were volatile and mostly in oscillating mode as hedge funds and investors were busy digesting the implication of coordinated rate-cuts by the central banks and doing many other things seemingly to increase volatility of the markets. I knew that it would be difficult for the 100-pip system to make money while the market movements were kind of wild and out of ordinary.

Anyhow, I resumed trading as normal today and immediately received a good setup from the program:
100-pip EA system
No. of auto-entries: 1
EUR/JPY +40 & 88 (maximum target hit !)
Oct 9: Short EUR/JPY @ 138.57 for +40 & 88 pips

Compared to two days ago, I was able to make a bigger and quicker profit (+128 pips) this time round with another two short EUR/JPY contracts and just under an hour of EA trading time.


I am so relieved and in the meantime will remain cautious, as there could be a few more tricks under the sleeve by the central bankers. I don't think this concerted rate cut is the last bullet in the Central Bankers' guns to be fired. Anyway, I'll continue to tackle these volatile markets day by day.

No comments: