Monday, October 6, 2008

I Made It This Time to Score the Second Biggest Winner Up-to-date with NewsTrader

Just a few trading days ago, I wrote the following review post:
Sept 30: Newstrader EA Trading Review - A Tight Trading Game with 30-pip Stop Loss and the Biggest Winner Up-to-date

"The Newstrader System had been caught out by a larger-than-expected 'high-low' swing in today's news trading action...Despite having a strong benchmark results with SL = 30, and may be for the sake of peace of mind, perhaps it's a good idea for myself to throw in a few extra pips in my future trades."
Today, I reaped the benefit by picking my own brain. Apparently, I had maximised my chances of something good happening by creating, noticing and acting on opportunities. I was able to hold out another "fake swing" simply by using a higher SL of 35 pips - as I would have been stopped out with a SL = 30 pips.


Check out the similarity of the trading action between these two USD/CAD events:

Oct 6 (Today): Long USD/CAD for +25 & 103 pips; SL = 35

Sept 30: Long USD/CAD for +25 & 74 pips; SL = 35

I've just revisited my older post: My Top 5 Forex Day Trading Winning Habits. You may find this an interesting read.

No comments: